SHIFT Key not working anymore

Hi guys,

the topic describes my problem. The SHIFT Key doesn't work anymore - Only in Houdini. Also after reboot of my pc.

Hope someone can help me :)

Thx, Richey.

Well, you could try deleting your houdini folder to kill all your preferences in case something got rewritten there. It will rebuild when you fire Houdini up again. Mine, on Windows, is in C:\Documents and Settings\dabennet\My Documents and its the Houdini10.0 folder. I just delete the whole folder and re start Houdini and everything gets fixed. Other than that I have no idea why only your shift key is messed up in Houdini.

Don't delete the houdini folder inside $HFS or the Houdini install directory. Do that and yes you can't launch Houdini. You want to work with the houdini10.0 or more generically the houdiniX.X folder in your $HOME directory. That's the houdini directory you want to delete.

Btw I don't delete the houdiniX.X directory, I just rename it or move it out of there to test then drag back folders until it breaks Houdini. I have a "lot" of stuff in various houdini directories. I leave the default houdiniX.X directories mostly alone and have my own houdini_customX.X directories where I put working stuff and pick up by modifying $HOUDINI_PATH and it's variants.

I guess a re-install of Houdini will fix the missing houdini dir in $HFS.

Edited by old school

I know that I have to delete the $HOME directory. Okay, after two tries (and fatal errors) Houdini starts with its standard settings. But the problem still exists :( Seems that I really have to reinstall.

I guess a re-install of Houdini will fix the missing houdini dir in $HFS.

Okay I will try it.

I know that I have to delete the $HOME directory. Okay, after two tries (and fatal errors) Houdini starts with its standard settings. But the problem still exists :( Seems that I really have to reinstall.

Okay I will try it.

OMG. The reason for my problem is my firewall :blink: When I turn the firewall off, the shift key works, if I turn it on, the shift key doesn't work. I think I have to configure it the next days.

I'm using the Comodo Internet Security (if you have the same problem).