pyro from particles and upresing

Hi,

I am emitting smoke from a particle system using a technique that I found on this forum. My problem now is that I can't upres it. The upres sims but nothing shows up. The upres solver/container seem to see only the velocity field for some reason.

I have attached this simple file that demonstrate the problem. I appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks,

Ahmed

part_to_smoke-upres.hipnc

since you're using specific method for sourcing density in low-res I assume you'll need to do the same for up res, so copy or reference copy your red nodes and use them in up-res part of graph in the same way as for low-res

maybe there is another method but this should work

if you were using source relationship for sourcing density then it would probably work automatically

since you're using specific method for sourcing density in low-res I assume you'll need to do the same for up res, so copy or reference copy your red nodes and use them in up-res part of graph in the same way as for low-res

maybe there is another method but this should work

if you were using source relationship for sourcing density then it would probably work automatically

Hi Tomas,

Thank you for replying, but this method doesn't work either.

Sorry to bother you again.

It is not quite working as it should. The smoke seems static and when I visualize the velocity field, there's nothing there. Also the upres smoke node gives an error "VEL is not a volume". Something I'm doing wrong?

Sorry to bother you again.

It is not quite working as it should. The smoke seems static and when I visualize the velocity field, there's nothing there. Also the upres smoke node gives an error "VEL is not a volume". Something I'm doing wrong?

Ahmed,

I'm not getting those errors. As for the static looking smoke, that probably due to the rest field. When I tested my scenes awhile ago, I did not have these issues since I was using pyro. For your situation you need the rest2 information. Here is a link that explains the issue with a solution:

HTH

I have figured out what my problem was. I was using '.bgeo' files. It only works if I use '.bgeo.gz'.

No it wasn't that either. The problem happens when I have "load from disk" checked as I render the sim to disk. Which should not affect saving to disk, but that's what happens. So .bgeo or .bgeo.gz work, but you have to uncheck 'load from disk' before siming. hopefuly they will fix that in next versions, I have suggested that to them.