point cloud functions to find a "density"

ikarus

Currently I am looking into how to take a point cloud and add an attribute based on the number of nearby points within a radius, i've been looking up information about the usage of the pc vex functions and vop sops but im not completely sure what the output of pcopen, a "handle", really is, and whether I can pull information such as total points within the max radius, as well whether i would need to put this in a while loop with pciterate.

if someone could clarify some of this that would be great as im trying to essentially color my points based on their relative density

Currently I am looking into how to take a point cloud and add an attribute based on the number of nearby points within a radius, i've been looking up information about the usage of the pc vex functions and vop sops but im not completely sure what the output of pcopen, a "handle", really is, and whether I can pull information such as total points within the max radius, as well whether i would need to put this in a while loop with pciterate.

if someone could clarify some of this that would be great as im trying to essentially color my points based on their relative density

Dont think you can pull total points within radius by default, but can´t you just count number of loops in your while loop.