Strange SubD related (???) problem...

J.Santos

Hi!

I'm modelling a mechanical foot for a platform... I've already transformed this into a Digital Asset so it can later on be tweaked at will from someone else, without the need to go inside the nodes... In this foot part, I did a base that the user can make thinner or not... (the rest of the options will be added with a transform after the merge, so they can work as a "global" scale and so on...).

I decided to make the round part rounder, through subDivision and then I happilly applied edgeloops to make the subdivision behave like I wanted... Everything fine...

But now when I try to resize the base foot, all disappears after a very small decrease in size... and a lot of error messages appear...

Can someone explain me why? Because the base is one part, the tube is another... :unsure:

towerCrane_04.hipnc

All solved now...

Apparently one of my edgeloops was creating the confusion... serves me right because it wasn't absolutely necessary to create that specific edgeLoop I just did it to maintain consistency (with myself not with the mesh... So I paid the price!)