Transferring weights?

Hello

I have successfully used autorig+painting weights on a character. It is bare bone stuff for now but seems to work ok. At this point I have a problem, I realized that my model might have benefitted from adding couple extra details here and there, so comes the question. How can I transfer weights from one mesh that is on the rig to another? Basically I would like to replace my old character mesh with the new character without going thorugh the whole ordeal of recapturing and painting weights?

thanks

Attribute Transfer SOP should work very well in this situation.

New skin on the left, weighted skin on the right. Transfer the primitive and point capture attributes in the attribute parameters.

I would consider adding weights to the original skin though. Put the Attribute Transfer before the Mirror Attributes SOP and keep it live.

Up to you though.

Attribute Transfer SOP should work very well in this situation.

New skin on the left, weighted skin on the right. Transfer the primitive and point capture attributes in the attribute parameters.

I would consider adding weights to the original skin though. Put the Attribute Transfer before the Mirror Attributes SOP and keep it live.

Up to you though.

Old School, thanks for the follow up.

I am not in front of my desktop at the moment, but I think that autorig sets up read write nodes within "autorig". I assume that I can just write the old data via write node, then load up the old one and the new mesh in a new scene, transfer all the attributes-groups, write the new mesh as new weight mesh and read that mesh within my original "autorig" setup?