Loosing transformations after reapplying autorig template?

Hi

I have created a character rig via autorig(have not touched any naming conventions or other settings). Everything has been working except couple places so I went back to the template rig and modified it. I changed placement of some bones. When I reapply it while it is set to "Modify Scene Rig", I loose all the transformation value boxes and tranform gizmos on the animation rig. It seems like the rig is applied, but for some reason I cannot modify the animation rig because no transform handles are present, I mean I cannot enable or make them visible.

Any ideas?

thanks

Are the controls properly imported to the parent animation rig through the Refresh Imports step? My guess is they aren't and you have the animation rig unlocked. When Modify Rig completes it saves and locks the asset. If you haven't promoted the parms then you won't have access to the handles when the rig is locked.

Are the controls properly imported to the parent animation rig through the Refresh Imports step? My guess is they aren't and you have the animation rig unlocked. When Modify Rig completes it saves and locks the asset. If you haven't promoted the parms then you won't have access to the handles when the rig is locked.

Graham

I think you were right, I tried unlocking via "type properties" panel. Is it the proper place to handle refreshing? After applying I seem to get the handles back

That brings me another problem though. I have my character weighted. When I apply the new placement changes it seems like the new bone placements pushes those skin areas with them.

What is the best way to modify template rig if the character has weights?

Edited by oldiesgoodies