vopSop hep - lookat direction of a normal

Anyone care to help out an old fart being too smart for his own good?

I've generated my point cloud via a scatter and I'd like to be able to have a lookat cpontrol that drives each point's normal at the target, however.. ideally points would only biased in the general direction of the target so there would be some random pertb on each points rotation. so really the normals would prefer the general direction of the target but not be so obvious that they care completely ;)

I'm messing around in VOPs to do this but I'm not getting something most likely basic... to get the control I want.

Anyone care to help out?

thanks

-k

PS i blame maya for rotting my mind slowly....

Anyone care to help out an old fart being too smart for his own good?

I've generated my point cloud via a scatter and I'd like to be able to have a lookat cpontrol that drives each point's normal at the target, however.. ideally points would only biased in the general direction of the target so there would be some random pertb on each points rotation. so really the normals would prefer the general direction of the target but not be so obvious that they care completely ;)

I'm messing around in VOPs to do this but I'm not getting something most likely basic... to get the control I want.

Anyone care to help out?

thanks

-k

PS i blame maya for rotting my mind slowly....

you shoud find the vector that goes from the scattered point to the control position (controlpoint-scatterpoint), then normalize it. and connect to the N ouput.

I hope I understood what you asked for..