Objects ID in Mantra image plane?

Hello I have little problem how to create automaticaly image plane for objects ID in one pass so EXR. I when I added image plane, preset Node ID, nothing happen. I found in help.

Tip

You can output the object ID and/or primitive IDs to deep raster planes, and then use them to easily select objects or primitives in the compositor.

To output the object or primitive ID, set up the following parameters:

Variable name = Op_Id (or Prim_Id)

File/Plane name = Op_Id (or Prim_Id)

Channel depth, Variable type = Floating point

Sample filter = closest surface

Pixel filter = minmax idcover (a special filtering mode for ID channels)

but ID layer is still like alpha. I cant find it there. Some Ideas? Thanks a lot. BC

there is simple hip.

Edited by blackchicken

I am not sure how to upload a file here but what you are missing is the Rendering parameter from the Mantra node which is called "Generate Op Ids for objects".

Edited by postezz

• 2 weeks later...

So that really good, but a lot of work. I thing that 3ds max has something automaticaly added. So is there somebody who work more with this layer? I thing that add random constant material to object ID and create simple rendering layer could`t be too much work for houdini. Any idea? Thanks a lot...

A lot of work? I don't find it complicated.you can check this threat too : http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=11229&highlight=object++plane .If i don't have too many objects i like to assign constant shaders to the object by channel - RGB, this way you can have correct motion blur and AA.If you insist of having different colors you can set this with a random expression for color on sop level.