Viewing Vex code in external editor?

HI

Is it possible to see the Vex code in an external editor when I call it from right click menu? The viewer that comes up with Vex code is kind of dry and featureless. I would like to use Vim to check out the Vex code. I am not looking for a solution to edit expressions or python code in an external editor. This is specifically for viewing the Vex code of Vex nodes.

thanks

kelvincai

Thanks for the reply but that particular solution works for Python and Hscript editing. I have $EDITOR set in my environment already and works for expression and Python editing when I call for external editor inside code editor. The reason I have asked about the Vex code viwing is that that particular Env Variable does not work for viewing Vex code.

If you mean the view generated VEX codes in VOP, then I don't know if there is any options. Copy & paste, maybe?

Yep that is what I meant:)

Copy paste is what I do at the moment. I was just looking for a better way. On the otherhand I really do not understand why Vex viewer is just a simple viewer. There seems to be a nice editor that is part of Houdini which also has color highlighting. It would have been nice to have some highlighting in the Vex viewer to be honest