A wire object to a rbd object

Hello all,

I am wondering if someone can help me i am trying to link a rbd object to a wire object but dont see how to do this. I have looked in the help file and know how to connect a wire pin to a rbd object but im wanting the wire to control the rbd object. Im wondering if someone could explain e.g. how to use a circle with boxes copied to points as rbd objects, and also use this circle as a wire object?

THANK YOU

Is this an exercise of some kind? Because, it boils down to exactly the same as a post a few days ago:

Anyway, I have attached a somewhat simpler hip file with just one rbd object attached to a wire.

The setup up is a little tricky. The main problem here is that the attached rbd object interacts with the wire. You need to get rid of these bad interaction (otherwise you get all kinds of weird oscillations and flips) while maintaining some form of good interaction with the environment. To do that you need to group and reorder things accordingly.

wirerbd.hipnc

post-4013-127717025416_thumb.jpg

Is this an exercise of some kind? Because, it boils down to exactly the same as a post a few days ago:

Anyway, I have attached a somewhat simpler hip file with just one rbd object attached to a wire.

The setup up is a little tricky. The main problem here is that the attached rbd object interacts with the wire. You need to get rid of these bad interaction (otherwise you get all kinds of weird oscillations and flips) while maintaining some form of good interaction with the environment. To do that you need to group and reorder things accordingly.

Thank you this is not covered in the help manual. This works if you are using primitives as it selects the only point availible but how could this be done if your using a polygon mesh ? how could you use the center of the object (the pivot point).