attribute accumulation and foreach question

I created a surface using the particleFluidSurface SOP and am trying to delete groups of primitives(based on connectivity) with a total surface area less than some arbitrary value. With the attribPromote SOP you can sum the values of an attribute by pushing the value into a single detail attribute using a sum promotion method. I was trying to do this in a forEach SOP for each group but my attributes don't carry to the top level. Is there a way to promote these attributes to the top level? I tried detail() but nothing... maybe I wasn't doing it right?

Is there another way to accumulate attributes in SOPs? For example, something like:

for prim in prims
new_area += prim.area

but without any code...

Cheers,

Jason

Edited by mightcouldb1

i guess it is not what You looking for, but in this case You could use a attribute promote SOP and a measureSOP, the measure sop create a primitive attribute with area, and the attribute promote promotes the primitive values to detail as a sum

Martin

i guess it is not what You looking for, but in this case You could use a attribute promote SOP and a measureSOP, the measure sop create a primitive attribute with area, and the attribute promote promotes the primitive values to detail as a sum

Martin

Well I attempted this, and the problem I am running into is deleting groups based on that detail attribute after I run them through the forEach.

Edited by mightcouldb1