Transfer texture color to primitives color?

Hi

i'm new here , i have one question.

I assigned checker material to my object. Now i want to transfer texture color information to model (primitive color) , and to be able to select groups with particular color with partition sop.

How to do this?

Thanks

Thanks

I'm new to houdini , so i'm finding my way around.

I have another question about dysplaying textures in viewport.

When i adjust checker frequency on checker "texture based" material , how to see update in viewport dysplay?

How to see in viewport procedural checker material , i only get flat color?

I don't know about procedural, but if it has a texture, use can use the UVQuickShade node.

In the specific case of the checker procedural, I think that the Check Frequency of the material is directly related to the uv range in the uvproject sop. So, to visualize it you could do some node and expression acrobatics by creating a second uvproject node (for display) and divide the max of both U and V range by the materials Check Frequency.

That's not a very good way of going about though and perhaps you are better off using the Render preview pane, perhaps with a custom fast render node for that specific purpose.

About first problem texture>primitive transfer.

Why i need big geometry resolution for this to work.

If i have basic check texture , 4 fields(2 white , 2 black) , and i have 4 polygon grid , this method don't work.Why?

Thanks