Nasty DOPs bug.

Symbolic

I came across a very strange situation:

So I have that HDA with a dopnet inside... I have a parameter on that HDA called "startFrame", and this is set to -10.

This is linked to the "startframe" parameter on the dopnet that is inside the HDA. Also I have the "Create Frame Specific..." and "Solve on Creation..." both enabled. I unlock the HDA, and it still works. My sphere appears on frame -10. I save my HDA, match current definition and it still works.

However when I save and close the file, then re-open again. The sphere appears on frame 1 despite the fact that my start frame is set to -10 on the HDA level. I have to unlock the OTL and match it again, only this is when the RBD starts to cook at frame -10 again.

Any ideas? Seems like a bug to me. Anybody is free to try it...

Houdini Master 10.0.484 here. Linux x86-gcc4.1

I came across a very strange situation:

So I have that HDA with a dopnet inside... I have a parameter on that HDA called "startFrame", and this is set to -10.

This is linked to the "startframe" parameter on the dopnet that is inside the HDA. Also I have the "Create Frame Specific..." and "Solve on Creation..." both enabled. I unlock the HDA, and it still works. My sphere appears on frame -10. I save my HDA, match current definition and it still works.

However when I save and close the file, then re-open again. The sphere appears on frame 1 despite the fact that my start frame is set to -10 on the HDA level. I have to unlock the OTL and match it again, only this is when the RBD starts to cook at frame -10 again.

Any ideas? Seems like a bug to me. Anybody is free to try it...

Houdini Master 10.0.484 here. Linux x86-gcc4.1

What is your "Creation Frame" on your RBD object set to? Link the start frame parameter to that as well, if it is not currently linked.

Hello SpencerL,

It is all linked. Has anybody tried it. It is as simple as this:

1) Make a sphere, feed it into a dopnet.

2) Make an RBD object in the dopnet, linked to the sphere.

3) Fetch the sphere with a dopimport.

4) Pack everything as an otl.

5) Link a start frame chanel from the OTL to the dopnet's start time and rbd objects's creation frame.

6) Check if it works, set the frame to -10 for example.

7) Lock your HDA.

8) Save file, close file, re-open file and see if it is still cooking from frame -10?

Thanks.