Problem with uv's

Hi all!

I've recently uv mapped an ammo box I did for my project (Static defence system - WIP section) and all looked... well! But now it all looks distorted!

In this image you can see the result after uv

ammoBox.jpg

And in this, the result in the end...

problema.jpg

My question is (and I am almost 99.9% sure that this is the cause) I've uv mapped it and all goes well BUT I render this using "Polygons As Subdivisions" so the surface becomes smoother and all... can this be causing this distortion?

And if so (I'm almost sure it is), how to correct this problem? UV map the subdivided box? Or is there any other approach?

Thanks for your time reading this!

Hi all!

I've recently uv mapped an ammo box I did for my project (Static defence system - WIP section) and all looked... well! But now it all looks distorted!

My question is (and I am almost 99.9% sure that this is the cause) I've uv mapped it and all goes well BUT I render this using "Polygons As Subdivisions" so the surface becomes smoother and all... can this be causing this distortion?

And if so (I'm almost sure it is), how to correct this problem? UV map the subdivided box? Or is there any other approach?

Thanks for your time reading this!

I would think that you would want to do all the uv stuff after any modifications at the polygon level. I try and keep my uv stuff at the very end of whatever network I am working on. Not sure if this is what you were looking for.

Well... yes!

But since the changes in topology/mesh are at render time how can I solve this? Or better yet, how should I work in order to have a better and fluid approach?

I can add a subdivided node and uv after it and then bypass/delete it but... is that a correct way?