metaball loop

goshone

I was hoping someone could explain briefly a proper setup to use this feature. I have examined the simple help file provided, and while it works, it isn't very clear as to how data gets modified within the while loop, and where to place the meta-next and meta-import nodes. I have also compared it to the "heavy smoke" OTL found in the fx tools shelf. This was more what I am after (stamping a varying noise pattern to a series of metaballs to be rendered as volumes and have the noise stick to the particle including rotation and pscale) but there is no info/documentation on the nodes. I was able to hack that example to get basically what I wanted, but for educational purposes, could someone in the community could break it down and give a better explanation of how they work, and how to use them properly.

Thanks in advance

p.s. perhaps that method is outdated and there is a better way to stamp noise to volume particles???

I was hoping someone could explain briefly a proper setup to use this feature. I have examined the simple help file provided, and while it works, it isn't very clear as to how data gets modified within the while loop, and where to place the meta-next and meta-import nodes. I have also compared it to the "heavy smoke" OTL found in the fx tools shelf. This was more what I am after (stamping a varying noise pattern to a series of metaballs to be rendered as volumes and have the noise stick to the particle including rotation and pscale) but there is no info/documentation on the nodes. I was able to hack that example to get basically what I wanted, but for educational purposes, could someone in the community could break it down and give a better explanation of how they work, and how to use them properly.

Thanks in advance

p.s. perhaps that method is outdated and there is a better way to stamp noise to volume particles???

sanostol is having some stuff up on his page.