Visual C++ Tuntime Error

Hi,

I tried to freshly install Houdini 11 - but in the end I got for hserver.exe and sesinetd.exe the following errors:

---

Visual C++ Runtime Library Error

R6034

.. An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly..

---

I have for Api programming visual studio 2010 express installed (which runs correctly). But is that maybe part of the problem?

maya runs fine by the way..

Thanks for help,

Boris

These warnings I got when I ran it for hserver.exe:

Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.

Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.

I can't attach a hserver.dwi-file here.. Is that what you were looking for?

Hmm, double-check that hserver.exe is causing that runtime error. Go to your Start menu > Program Files > Side Effects Software > Houdini 11.X.XX > Command Line Tools. Now run "hserver -l". What does that give you? If that pop up comes up, can you take a screenshot and post it? Perhaps you can debug it with Visual Studio and give us a stack trace?

well, houdini is running. Just on every startup of Windows I got 2 runtime errors for hserver.exe and sesinted.exe .. very annoying obviously ;)

According to this the error refers to not using a manifest. "...You need to modify your application to build with a manifest."

Does anybody else on Win XP encouters errors like this?

Edited by borisb2

update:

after searching the net about R6034, I read a lot of the relation to the msvcr80.dll. So I gave it a try and just moved that dll out of system32 folder -> no more errors!

Now the question is: do I need msvcr80.dll ?? (in one post I was reading about copying and renaming msvcr71.dll to ..80.dll)

Do NOT rename the DLL. That lies the path to darkness.

It's strange that it should affect hserver.exe though because it is statically linked against CRT. The only way I can see this happening is that the presence of that .dll there is screwing up some of the system components that are dynamically linked against the CRT. Looking in my Vista 32-bit c:\windows\system32, I see:

msvci70.dll

msvcirt.dll

msvcp60.dll

msvcp70.dll

msvcp71.dll

msvcr70.dll

msvcr71.dll

msvcrt.dll

msvcrt20.dll

msvcrt40.dll

So I'm not sure what's happening. The file version of msvcrt.dll (which the other system dlls use) for me is 7.0.6000.16386. I wonder if perhaps something else you installed put msvcr80.dll in there.

so far I just left the msvcr80.dll outside the system32-folder. Up to now everything still runs fine. I'll keep you updated if something is crashing..

Is there a way to find out what software was using msvcr80.dll?

• 3 weeks later...

I am getting the exact same thing. What's odd is that I had H11.0.469 and i didn't have any problems. Now, all of a sudden, today I am having this issue. So I updated things that I have been holding off on (Microsoft, Java, etc.), de-installed all instances of H10 and H11 and re-installed H11.0.486 (Non-production build) and I am getting the same thing. I also get an error when it tries to load up sesinetd.exe. This is all at the end of the installation.

When I execute H11 for the first time I get the hserver.exe error and then when I check the Task Manager both hserver and sesinetd are running. If I stop hserver, sesinetd and hqservices and re-launch H11 I get the hserver error but it automatically dissapears and H11 comes up just fine (well, it doesn't look broke anyway) This is all very wierd. Right now H11 is working but . . . I just hate wierdness.

System is Windows XP Pro 32bit on an XPS 720. 4 Gb of memory.