smoke/dust rendering with isoOffset?

Guest ravin

Guest ravin

I am attaching a very simple file where I have a sphere and I am attaching an isoOffset node and assigning a bollowy smoke shader to it. How can I attach a noise texture to displace the smoke shader and add ray marching to achieve more of a volumetric look.

I am trying to achieve a puffy smoke look by adding raymarching to this setup. Just like the second file attached : volume_smoke.jpg

thanks,

cloudRendering.hip

post-5847-128130483655_thumb.jpg

Guest ravin

That image was achieved using the smoke dynamics solver, you can add noise to a volume through a number of methods such as a volume vop but it isn't going to look like that really, I'd suggest watching the peterquint videos on smoke http://vimeo.com/9508767

Hey,

I have seen his videos and they are certainly helpful but my challenge is achieve somewhat that same look with particles. My simulation is based on particle systems and I want to render smoke/cloud with the particle system.

I was following this link: http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini10.0/rendering/volumetricrendering and was wondering how can I achieve that same look.

thanks,

Edited by ravin

Hi There raven,

Well I got a second here at work .

There Is a assum file that is on the shelf smoke stack that really gives you a good break down of what I am sending here.

I notice that you are not using the correct iso volume in your hip.

I see you hip is not a NC. anyway.

here you are

mangi

popsmoke.hipnc

post-2848-128135523496_thumb.jpg

Guest ravin

Hi There raven,

Well I got a second here at work .

There Is a assum file that is on the shelf smoke stack that really gives you a good break down of what I am sending here.

I notice that you are not using the correct iso volume in your hip.

I see you hip is not a NC. anyway.

here you are

mangi

Hey buddy,

When my objects move I can see the noise move along with them in camera space. Is there anyway I can modify default shader to have noise stick to object space. Or do you have any other technique to render clouds?

thanks

Edited by ravin

Hey buddy,

When my objects move I can see the noise move along with them in camera space. Is there anyway I can modify default shader to have noise stick to object space. Or do you have any other technique to render clouds?

thanks

Any new techniques or suggestions??