Very simple control question

Jim M

Hi all,

I have long been looking for a good CA setup where I can select and move controllers without releasing the mouse. So I can 'grab' a controller and move it in one movement, without the tedious ... select controller, select transform type, move. I see Houdini has the pose tool, which works perfectly if I just use a couple of spheres, but if I use the toon rig for example, the pose tool doesnt have this behaviour. Sorry for such a simple question, but I would be inspired if Houdini could do such a simple thing, something that many other programs lack.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks,

Jim

As for me, it's opaque. I'm not sure what you mean. There are also less people who know Houdini's character tools, so perhaps that's another reason.

If I understand your explanation, you need some kind of setup with controllers that are always "switched on" so that you can select and animate various bits easily. I think XSI has some function like that if I remember correctly (Transform setup?).

I am not aware of such a functionality in Houdini, but it would be very useful.

Edited by Macha