How to disable mipmap creation?

Hello there!

I have exported UVs and a texture created with ptex in 3D Coat.(Ptx export is currently not working for me.) Now when I render the model from a distance I get seams. From my experience this is a bleeding which occurs through the dense UVs, when mipmaps are created. Because I can not change the UVs, my question is how I can disable mipmap creation. Or is this a very bad idea?

Hello there!

I have exported UVs and a texture created with ptex in 3D Coat.(Ptx export is currently not working for me.) Now when I render the model from a distance I get seams. From my experience this is a bleeding which occurs through the dense UVs, when mipmaps are created. Because I can not change the UVs, my question is how I can disable mipmap creation. Or is this a very bad idea?

ptex stores an individual texture map for every polygon in the model, so I don't believe that bleeding issues should occur. Is it possible that the texture is *not* a ptex file?

What do you get if you try to run "mplay" on the texture -- you should only get the texture for the first polygon (not the whole texture). Also, what do you get if you run "iinfo foo.ptx"?

Disabling ptex mip maps is a bad idea.

Don't bother anymore. Ptx export in 3D-Coat is working, for now.

Edit: For the record: Playing around with VOPs I found a solution. Just use ColorMap instead of Texture and you get rid of the seams. That is very likely because of no filtering is going on at render-time.

Edited by LFX