Rename groups question

dbukovec

hi!

I have this branch with a list of groups piece0, piece1, piece2...say until piece10

Now I have a second branch with the same group naming.

How can I merge the two branches so that the second branch groups will get the numbering from 11, so i would have 20 primitive groups.

So simply, can i rename groups to start from a certain number?

Thanks a lot!

hi!

I have this branch with a list of groups piece0, piece1, piece2...say until piece10

Now I have a second branch with the same group naming.

How can I merge the two branches so that the second branch groups will get the numbering from 11, so i would have 20 primitive groups.

So simply, can i rename groups to start from a certain number?

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

You can rename groups, but you can not renumber them. You'll have to regroup them again. It doesn't matter if they are already grouped. To regroup them you will have to recreate the groups. You can do it by the following steps.

- "merge" the two branches

- add a "Group Geometry" to place all the primitives into one group called "temp".

- go to the "Edit" tab, and then the "Delete" tab, and enter the group pattern "piece*".

- you will now have 20 primitives in a group called "temp", and the old misnamed "piece0-9" groups have been deleted.

- add a "Partition" node, and in the "rule" enter "piece$PT". This will group all the primitives using that pattern.

You've now renumbered your groups.

Hope that helps :)

Edited by hopbin9