Overscan in Houdini?

jasoncartiver

Hi guys!

I like to ask if anyone knows how to set the overscan in Houdini like how maya does it? Or the terminology in Houdini might be different.

Basically its to see thru the camera but see more of it through overscan.

Any help rendered would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thank you!

Jason

houdini actually makes this really easy with the 'screen window size' parameter on the camera. if you modify this parameter and scale the resolution the same amount you get a correctly overscaned render. here's an example that uses an 'overscan' parameter slider on the camera to concurrently scale the resolution and the screen window size. gl dude

-b

post-4364-128856199442_thumb.jpg

overscan_example.hip

• Like 3

Thank goodness... i thought i was crazy but i remember the window size parameter... and miss it terribly in Maya... I cannot understand why it isn't as easy. I just haven't had time to go and do the same test... (silly stereo work).

thanks brian!

-k

houdini actually makes this really easy with the 'screen window size' parameter on the camera. if you modify this parameter and scale the resolution the same amount you get a correctly overscaned render. here's an example that uses an 'overscan' parameter slider on the camera to concurrently scale the resolution and the screen window size. gl dude

-b