Mantra: delayed load

You can find the delayed load shader under procedural shaders in shopcontext. the only document about changes I'm aware of is the help doc and sometimes the journals on sidefx.com

Hi

Am following a H10 tutorial and can't seem to find the Mantra Delayed Load shader.

For that matter a lot changes in the shaders and SHOP since H11, anyone know of a document where the changes from H10 and H11 are nicely laid out?

Help much appreciated : )

You can find the delayed load shader under procedural shaders in shopcontext. the only document about changes I'm aware of is the help doc and sometimes the journals on sidefx.com

Cool, thanks I found them, both the shader and the doc on changes. But from the help docs there isn't much info on how to implement them as the workflow seems quite different.

Have to keep looking....

really? were do you stuck. there are a lot of examples floating around here. what do You want to do with it?

Cool, thanks I found them, both the shader and the doc on changes. But from the help docs there isn't much info on how to implement them as the workflow seems quite different.

Have to keep looking....

really? were do you stuck. there are a lot of examples floating around here. what do You want to do with it?

I just want to delay load a few sets of particles bgeos at render time. I know how it is done in H10 but not sure how to do it in H11. Can you point me to one example using the Mantra Delayed Load in H11?

Appreciate your help.

i do it this way:

write out the particle bgeo sequence

create a delayed load procedural

link the delayed load to the goemetry sequence

create a geo object with no renderable content

assigne the delayed load procedural as procedural shader in the render/geomery tab

assign a material

done

there are some examples for the workflow

I just want to delay load a few sets of particles bgeos at render time. I know how it is done in H10 but not sure how to do it in H11. Can you point me to one example using the Mantra Delayed Load in H11?

Appreciate your help.

i do it this way:

write out the particle bgeo sequence

create a delayed load procedural

link the delayed load to the goemetry sequence

create a geo object with no renderable content

assigne the delayed load procedural as procedural shader in the render/geomery tab

assign a material

done

there are some examples for the workflow

Silly me, I totally didn't see shop>procedural>Delayed load procedural and I went on to use shop>material>material shader builder and went into the shader builder and got lost.

Thanks for your precise step by step guide...guess it's no different in H10 after all; just needed to know where it is now.