dandelion

blackchicken

Hello guys

I have little problem with my dandelion. Goals

I deforming stem by mountain (for field of dandelions i later use stamp) last point of curve fit head of dandelion, curve has correct normal. But there is problem. How I could drive all scattered points with single seed if I need for example only 6-7 seeds to fly away but other must still stick on stem but head is still moving. I propably can switching before deleting dynamic points and static (with still sop wind mountain still changes position of dandelions head) but I have no idea how I can say pop source how many particles he can emit? If it is 7 particles from specific location threw say 100 frames. Or create particles at the beginning and switch from scattered to particle points, but I need every frame update scattered points to particles system and some of them fly away. (Say a add vopsop with some animated red noise and in pop I grouping only by $CR which will be visible for some fields) there is little scene it is little bit complicated to expres what I need. Scene will be more clear. Thanks a lot guys.

pampeliska_01.hip

post-4005-128869363347_thumb.jpg

to get stable scattered pointcloud

you can deform stem with points already scattered, detaching them later if you need

sort your points in order you want them to fly away

then just generate group of particles that will fly away at current timestep (consider oversampling in POPs)

and group of static points till the current time

i played a little with your problem and here is the file with some controls

just a simple setup no rotations or tweaking in POPs

may contain some bugs since it was done very quickly

for field of dandelions i suggest you to generate pops after copy sop, you'll probably need to isolate dynamic and static group before copy since they are $PT sensitive

should be quite straightforward

pampeliska_example.hipnc

• 2 weeks later...