Houdini 10 & Segmentation Fault on 11 build.

Guest ZThirtyTwo

Guest ZThirtyTwo

Hey OdForce,

Recently been trying to solve my segmentation fault problem with Houdini 11. Kind of giving up at this point and looking to download Houdini 10 again but I cant find anywhere to download the apprentice build of 10. Can anyone point me in the direction for this build or am I stuck trouble shooting 11?

As for the segmentation faults. I'm running a new HP Dv7 specs are as follows;

Intel Core i7-720QM (1.60GHz)

6GB DDR3 RAM

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650

Video Memory

1GB DDR3

Ive tried changing the compatibility settings to the vista sp2 but no such luck. Sometimes as much as simply moving a node can throw a segmentation fault. If anyone has any suggestions on how to take care of this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Hey OdForce,

Recently been trying to solve my segmentation fault problem with Houdini 11. Kind of giving up at this point and looking to download Houdini 10 again but I cant find anywhere to download the apprentice build of 10. Can anyone point me in the direction for this build or am I stuck trouble shooting 11?

As for the segmentation faults. I'm running a new HP Dv7 specs are as follows;

Intel Core i7-720QM (1.60GHz)

6GB DDR3 RAM

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650

Video Memory

1GB DDR3

Ive tried changing the compatibility settings to the vista sp2 but no such luck. Sometimes as much as simply moving a node can throw a segmentation fault. If anyone has any suggestions on how to take care of this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

I am guessing on video drivers. Try grabbing latest from ATI if not already done. If done try grabbing some older version.

Guest ZThirtyTwo

Yes I just installed the service pack but unfortunately I think this has made the problem worse. The faults are happening more often. Now creating a Geo node will throw a segmentation fault.

You have led me to find the daily builds, I am downloading a couple versions to see if one of them will work more smoothly.

Thank you

Edited by ZThirtyTwo