Shatter RBD interacting with fluid?

chazfest

Hi,

So I'm doing some experimenting with Apprentice at the min and I've managed to successfully create my first shatter effect, so quick, amazed me. I love Houdini for the speed at which everything seems to come together.

My next step though, is making the RBD sphere which has shattered, then react (along with it's shattered segments) with an SPH fluid contained in a fluid container right below it.

I can get a fresh RBD sphere to react with the fluid, even whilst the shatter is going on alongside. But I cannot get the shattered/ing RBD sphere to react with the water.

Any advice?

I really hope this makes sense :)

I've attached the hip file in case anyone was kind enough to take a peek. Be warned, I may not have set up this simple project in the 'correct' or most efficient way. Apologies if that is the case.

Many many many thanks in advance.

Chaz

Smash and Splash.hipnc

Hi,

So I'm doing some experimenting with Apprentice at the min and I've managed to successfully create my first shatter effect, so quick, amazed me. I love Houdini for the speed at which everything seems to come together.

My next step though, is making the RBD sphere which has shattered, then react (along with it's shattered segments) with an SPH fluid contained in a fluid container right below it.

I can get a fresh RBD sphere to react with the fluid, even whilst the shatter is going on alongside. But I cannot get the shattered/ing RBD sphere to react with the water.

Any advice?

I really hope this makes sense :)

I've attached the hip file in case anyone was kind enough to take a peek. Be warned, I may not have set up this simple project in the 'correct' or most efficient way. Apologies if that is the case.

Many many many thanks in advance.

Chaz

in your autodopnetwork connect fluidsolver1 to your merge2 node and

it should interact with each other