Blurring attributes with attribTransfer

Sorry if this has been posted before. I searched, but could not find it.

I am trying to blur an attribute across a surface using attribTransfer, as the help says I should be able to.

I've attached a very simple scene to demonstrate my problem. I have a grid with a red spot in the middle. I want to blur this red color (Cd) out to the surrounding points based on the distance threshold on the attribTransfer node. The only attribute on the attribTransfer that seems to have any effect at all on the outcome of my grid is the Max Sample Count.

I've tried this using different attributes (N, as well as custom ones).

I've also tried this using different input geometry types (mesh/nurbs/polygon).

Finally, I've also tried this using primitive attributes instead of point attributes.

How can I do this?

Thanks!

broken_attribtransfer.hipnc

It's not the distance threshold, it's the sample count. The higher you set it, the wider the values gets spread. Though I can't test it now.

Yeah, the sample count blurs the values more, but I can't get the distance to increase at all, the way I can when I use two different objects. Maybe blurring it was the wrong word. I want to blur and expand an attribute across a surface.