Help, match moving project with issues.

chazfest

Hi all, I've got a couple of issues with a match moving project I'm working on in Houdini at the minute.

Any help or suggestions would be fantastic :)

I've uploaded the project file in case anyone might have time to have a look at it:

http://hotfile.com/dl/91241465/8983cf5/Match_move_project.zip.html

Concept:

Hand held stairs shot to have water or similar fluid rushing down the steps towards the camera.

Set up:

Footage tracked and stairs/banister geometry built in PFTrack.

Camera solve exported as a Houdini '.cmd' file, opened and re-saved in Houdini. Stairs and banister geometry exported from PFTrack as Maya geometry and imported in to Houdini as reference geometry.

The problems:

1) The fluid emitter somehow 'slips' between the 'wall' and the 'steps', despite them being static objects. I don't know how it manages to seep through a seemingly non-existent gap.

2) The fluid, geometry and GUI often suddenly turn completely black whilst I'm working, and at the same time, all on screen handles and controls (scale, rotate, translate etc) appear differently. It's almost as if the GUI crashes mid project, but it seems to be a consistent problem with this project.

Aside from these issues, is there anything that anyone can spot that I may be doing wrong? I don't know if I've set the project up correctly, or in the most efficient manner?

Huge thanks in advance.

Chaz