point instance primitive group

pgrochola

no, but You can objectmerge Your primitive groups in seperate objects.

If You do it clever You can save a lot of time. for example the opdigits() expression gets You the last digit number of Your node and by that You can build a expression that hooks up "objetct1" to for example prim group "part1". then You only have to copy paste the node as manytimes as You have peaces or do it by script. all new nodes numbers are incremented and by that thye import the next primgroup

on the other side why do You want to instance them. Do You reuse them that often?

Hi,

In the point sop.. is there a way of using a group primitive for the instance path?

I'm trying to instance shattered primitive group geo onto my points.

Cheers

no, but You can objectmerge Your primitive groups in seperate objects.

If You do it clever You can save a lot of time. for example the opdigits() expression gets You the last digit number of Your node and by that You can build a expression that hooks up "objetct1" to for example prim group "part1". then You only have to copy paste the node as manytimes as You have peaces or do it by script. all new nodes numbers are incremented and by that thye import the next primgroup

on the other side why do You want to instance them. Do You reuse them that often?

Cool, thanks for that tip.

Reason is I have a shattered up some geo, made centroid point and now want to use the RBD point object to bring in the shattered pieces. Problem is the rbd point object expects one sop path (not the primitive groups in my shattered geo) Other way should be using the instance attribute on points... thats why I ask.

I'm new to dops so maybe I'm doing something silly, but it seems liked like a good way of controlling the rgb sim (it the attributes on the points).

Sounds like others would just use a rgb fracture and reference the points with expressions instead.. is that what you'd do also?

Thanks