attribute of last frame

djbyun

$RFEND will give you the value of the last frame.

If you mean any attribute of your geometry, try the timeshift sop, you can then get at that timeshifted attribute with an expression in any node. Another way to get at future data are chops. However, all this will not easily work if you have a network that is history dependant such as pops or dops. In that case I would write your geometry or simulation to disk and get it from there.

I find that the best way to work is to reduce as much history dependence as possible. This is often not possible but if you keep that in mind you can make more stable networks.

Edited by Macha

$RFEND will give you the value of the last frame.

If you mean any attribute of your geometry, try the timeshift sop, you can then get at that timeshifted attribute with an expression in any node. Another way to get at future data are chops. However, all this will not easily work if you have a network that is history dependant such as pops or dops. In that case I would write your geometry or simulation to disk and get it from there.

I find that the best way to work is to reduce as much history dependence as possible. This is often not possible but if you keep that in mind you can make more stable networks.

can you explain this a little bit more? as an example, i am adding points to a group as the group's bounding geometry grows, when added the points turn from white to red. can i use timeshift sop or chops to get the frame that each points color changes?

i would like to use this attribute as the starting point for animation cycles that are copied to each point (ie a sphere scales from 0 to 10 starting when the point enters the group/turns red)

maybe this isnt even what you are talking about but if it is then let me know. thanks!

Hm. I only know part of the answer. Perhaps somebody else on this board can help us.

I attached a file in which points are added to a growing group. An ingrp attribute is then passed to a chopnet. You can see in the chopnet at what frame each point enters the group.

The next task would be to write that frame number (when the ingrp channel for that point jumps from 0 to 1) as an attribute. Perhaps there is an chop expression or a node somewhere for that. Maybe the lookup chop.

That's assuming you really need all this. Can't you get away with checking groups on the current frame by using haspoint()?

testgrp.hip

post-4013-129436928557_thumb.jpg

Edited by Macha