problem with cloth setup

roughsporty

I have setup a simple scene with a elastic cloth ball hits a tube and I have two questions about it.

1. At frame 31 you see that one point from the ball sticks with the tube and I thought that would not be the expected behaviour

2. The ball has a frequency of 4. If I choose 6 for example to raise up the resolution the ball collapses completly in the simulation. Why is that so?

Thanks

cloth_collide_test.hipnc

I have setup a simple scene with a elastic cloth ball hits a tube and I have two questions about it.

1. At frame 31 you see that one point from the ball sticks with the tube and I thought that would not be the expected behaviour

2. The ball has a frequency of 4. If I choose 6 for example to raise up the resolution the ball collapses completly in the simulation. Why is that so?

Thanks

1: This is probably a problem with floating point precision.

The collision thickness of the ball (0.005) is quite small compared to the size of the ball.

You can fix the snag problem by increasing the thickness a bit.

A thickness of 0.01 is big enough to fix the problem here.

2: When you make your cloth object more hi-res, you need to increase the "bend stiffness"

if you want to retain the same look. When you go to a frequency of 6, you should probably

try a bend stiffness of at least 100,000.

Edited by michiel