Parameter Editor

kris

I wonder how to tear off parameter editor like Maya attribute editor and assign a short-cut key

so that we can best utilize the work space.

Is there any way to do that..? I fiddled with hotkey manager but no luck.

Alt-Shift-C will copy any pane to a floating window. Tear off a Pane Tab Copy as it is referred to.

You can access this option and more in the upper right arrow menu in any pane. The other option is to just tear off the Pane tab in to a floating window and remove it from the pane.

This option does not have a hotkey which you can easily add by holding down ctrl-alt-shift while you press the menu option.

I believe this is what you want.

Thanks for the answer...

@Mocha:

But whenever i press "P" the parameter editor comes as a attached window to the network pane..i want it as a pop up window.

(BTW.. if i right click on a node and choose parameters its working. so i assigned a key for that..but i should always do a right click before pressing the short cut key..)

@old school:

I tried this but i need to press Alt+shift+c - re-size the window - mouse over - Alt+3 ..there are to many steps involved..

If i close it accidentally again i need to repeat all steps..

You may say ...why u close.. u can minimize...if i minimize.. again i need to use mouse to maximize..

Actually my idea is to minimize use of mouse...Especially with insane number of nodes its hard to manage the space in network pane If i use attached parameter Editor..It Blocks out some space and hides some nodes ..for that u need to reorganize your desktop..

That re-sizing bit is annoying. The parameter pane should open up to an actual usable size.

You can try to use either python or hscript to pop up a parameter pane based on the current selected node/object. Any Houdini tool can be bound to a hotkey that is accessed with a few options. You can create a vanilla tool on the shelf that only contains a script then that tool can be run in a number of panes including the viewport.

The command in hscript is "pane":

help pane

That also returns all the HOM commands for creating and modifying a pane. Lots of options.

• 10 years later...