Problem with emitting particles from inside surface by Voronoi Fractur

CSN0309

Hi guys~

Looks like i got a problem with emitting particles from inside surface based on the result of Voronoi Fracture calculation(houdini 11)

I have grouped the inside surface and use this group as emitting surface, but the first problem i got is,,,i can only use Point(ordered) and Points(random)as emission type, when i choose others down this menu, particles just disappears!...why??

As you can see from my attachment, even through i put Points(random) as my emission type, it seen that the particles has very strong force and blast fracture away.. can i stop this?? i just want to emit particles from inside surface and let particle slides along with the surface...maybe add a little smoke like behavior...

post-4466-129772133938_thumb.jpgpost-4466-129772134746_thumb.jpgpost-4466-129772135708_thumb.jpgfractureproblem.hipnc

Has anyone got idea? thanks in advance

First, I would cache the sim or geometry (easier to work with). Then, your group is a point group, so you can't use it as a surface emitter. A good way to get around this is to use the group and delete all non-group prims/points before you emit. That way you can be sure they don't emit from strange places, and you can easily switch to surface.

A personal trick: I never use constant emission. I always emit by impulse, and often set something like $NPT. That way I avoid those weird burst emissions that happen with constant.

Edited by Macha

• 1 year later...

Hi there,

I am encounter with the same problem, and not sure what link are you referring to at the end.

Can you take a look at the file here. Many Thanks

Hi guys~

Looks like i got a problem with emitting particles from inside surface based on the result of Voronoi Fracture calculation(houdini 11)

I have grouped the inside surface and use this group as emitting surface, but the first problem i got is,,,i can only use Point(ordered) and Points(random)as emission type, when i choose others down this menu, particles just disappears!...why??

As you can see from my attachment, even through i put Points(random) as my emission type, it seen that the particles has very strong force and blast fracture away.. can i stop this?? i just want to emit particles from inside surface and let particle slides along with the surface...maybe add a little smoke like behavior...

post-4466-129772133938_thumb.jpgpost-4466-129772134746_thumb.jpgpost-4466-129772135708_thumb.jpgfractureproblem.hipnc

Has anyone got idea? thanks in advance

Debris_study.hipnc