Looking for thumbnail pictures

Darimondé

Good morning to you all,

In my continuing quest to learn and eventually master COPS, I come to you looking for insight. I am learning COPS by creating similar comps in both Shake and Houdini but haven't been able to figure out what I'm sure will have a simple solution. How do I get thumbnail images to show above my file in and generator nodes so that I can see at a glance what images they are carrying. In the two attachments I show an example of what I mean. In Shake my File In, Text, and Rotoshape nodes all show what images they contain. I have right clicked on Houdini nodes but, I'm not getting the same results. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Rick

post-6421-129788287173_thumb.jpg

post-6421-129788289862_thumb.jpg

Sigh...

Ok, really. Do you guys have any idea just how close Houdini is having the most kick ass compositor in the business? I'd like to make a suggestion for Houdini 12 or even 11.5 if you all can do it that soon. Take a look at Shake which is now a defunct program and look at all the features that it has that COPS doesn't have and create them for Houdini. Seriously, Shake was the #1 compositor in the industry for years before Apple killed it. Houdini could take it's place, it is just that close. And then document it. Put out tutorials like all the other networks have. I'm sorry to drag on about it but, this is just frustrating. Houdini is just so good at everything else, why not bring up COPS to the same level? It's just so close.

May the Force be with you.

Rick

• 1 month later...

Sigh...

Ok, really. Do you guys have any idea just how close Houdini is having the most kick ass compositor in the business? I'd like to make a suggestion for Houdini 12 or even 11.5 if you all can do it that soon. Take a look at Shake which is now a defunct program and look at all the features that it has that COPS doesn't have and create them for Houdini. Seriously, Shake was the #1 compositor in the industry for years before Apple killed it. Houdini could take it's place, it is just that close. And then document it. Put out tutorials like all the other networks have. I'm sorry to drag on about it but, this is just frustrating. Houdini is just so good at everything else, why not bring up COPS to the same level? It's just so close.

May the Force be with you.

Rick

With you there. COPs has some great tools, vops (a reason to use COPs in itself) and excellent organization/automation options. I'd use it 100% of the time if it were finished and then optimized to be interactive.