gasresizefluid for teh vorticles

sanostol

Make a sop solver, call it vorticlebbox. Inside, import your fluid's density field, attach a bound node to it. Then, in the recycle vorticles node reference the bbox and centroid of the vorticlebbox in the parameters.

blamo (dont have houdini with me at the moment)

• 4 weeks later...

I just had to do this the other day, and it turned out to be pretty simple. Just referencing the new bbox in the vorticlerecycle node won't really cut it - that always keeps the number of vorticles constant. If you want to grow your container over time (which is usually the case), you've got to keep adding a proportional number of vorticles to your sim whenever the container gets bigger. To do that, I just unlocked the vorticlerecycle node and put the necessary bits into its internal Sop Solver. This involves (1) finding the part of your container that was added over the last frame, and (2) finding the number of vorticles to add. To calculate the number of vorticles, I just determined how many "vorticles per unit cubed" to maintain, calculated what that number should be based on the new container dimensions, and subtracted the number of pre-existing vorticles from that.

I don't know if that makes sense, but if it's helpful to anyone, I've attached an example file.

-James

vorticle_resize_test.hip