Sounds/Chops.

hey guys. got a wee bit of a question on sounds.

just thinking of an upcomming project involving a mechanical character, and i want to attach sounds to it.. and have sounds affect some of its animation as well.

i figured out how to make a sound affect an animation of an object. that was easy. but now im thinking of having an objects position/transformation trigger sounds. ( say when a character stomps his foot onto the ground i would get that to trigger a sound once. )

this would be great for mechanical objects because all my sounds would be aligned with the animation. and then if i could bake those sounds into one wave and record it.. that would be really keen, as compositing would be rather simple.

( btw. any way to bake chops into a single file? im asking because right now having a number of math nodes on sound clips used to drive animation ) can slow houdini down considerably. so being able to bake it.. and feed that into another node would be nice.

cheers.

The object chop can return info about the position of objects. Try using that with a dummy null object positioned at 0,0,0.

As for baking chops, they're the same as any other operator (except for VOPs). Right-click on the node, and choose save. Load it back in with a file chop. Alternatively, just turn on its lock flag. If you have different chops, combine them using the merge chop.