Advecting particles which is faster

sabotage

Hello guys I have already tried the advect by volumes in pops but it seems it is slow for what I am trying to achieve.

IS there a way to use the old Sand solver or the new Liquid Flip/Pic to advect particles/points withing gas/fire fluid simulation. As soon as dops are faster what is the best way for doing it thank you.

Thank you for the scene file it is very helpful. I was wondering can I use the same technic with the smoke solver or the pyro solver.

My goal is to advect points in a low resolution smoke fluid then to transfer the attributes to each particle form the nearest voxel and finally to create a new voxel grid from the particles with higher resolution. I think it is achievable but I am not sure how fast it will be. I think internally the smoke and pyro solver project particlesi into the grid but we dont have access to them.

Edited by sabotage

Yes you can. The points don't care who's generating the velocity field "vel" seen in the Gas Advect DOP. The node setup is the same with other solvers so I think you should be able to replicate it easily:)

I am having a little bit of problem of transfering attributes in DOPS I am trying to transfer some attributes from the nearest voxel like density heat and velocity. After the gas advect I am using gas particle to field to accumulate new density but the destination particles doesn't have density. I am not sure what is the correct way of creating new density from the old particles I would like to to be based on average position of the advected particle not from a new fluid simulation.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you'll have to share a hip file so we can take a good look.

Sorry for the delay I just added a few things in your scene. I am trying to create new voxel around each advected particle or an average around the particles with higher resolution voxel grid. Also my biggest problem is to get proper dissipation and density values. Maybe I have to transfer attributes in sops I am not very into DOPS.

test_1.hipnc

Had a quick look at that file. Not sure what you want to do but your MyPoints geometry doesn't have a density attribute yet you try to copy it to a field called density. So I made one for you on the sop level and now at least something is moving. I also added one in the pop but I disabled it.

It helps?

post-4013-130087213222_thumb.jpg

test_1.hipnc

Edited by Macha

thank you very much guys In both examples there is very helpful info. I couldnt see any density in the Hazoc example. I made this test from the both files settings but still I cannot get the final density to dissipate.

Well this is weird, since there IS Attribute Create SOP inside the Geo1 object in my hipfile---..whoops looks like I attached a wrong file. Have a look at this.

I am not sure what is happening your settings work in my scene but when I open your scene I cannot see the density from gasparticletofield node.

Well then I don't know what to do. I'm having noticeable density.

density.jpg

It seems Accumulated doesn't work on my machine when I set it to Extrapolated in gastoparticlefield I can see the density very weird :(

With extrapolated I cannot see any density to dissipate. For accumulated to work probably I need initial density ? At work I dont see it maybe it is a difference in the version but at home I can see it properly.

Edited by sabotage