Problem while synchronizing child node

gotfroi

Hi, folks,

I'm making my way through the cmivfx tutorial Houdini Fractals, and all goes well until I add a ropnet in Chapter 7 to render out geometry and i3D images. On re-opening the file I get these errors:

Warning: Problem while synchronizing child node:

Warning: Skipping unrecognized parameter "filename".

Skipping unrecognized parameter "primnum".

[/obj/createI3d/ropnet/geo2i3d1/shopnet/geo2i3d1

When I open the supplied project files similar errors come up. Is this a problem with a ropnet change in Houdini 11.0.581?

Thanks for your time.

Chp07B_FractalClouds&Terrains_Geoff.hipnc

I am having the same problem here, also using build 11.0.581, I also tried with the new build and same problem.

Also nothing appears when I try to load the i3d texture inside the CVEX node.

Edited by Mzigaib

Hello,

The problem is that in the lastest builds the geo2i3d otl appears to be broken by default. It has some problems with two parameters,as it says in the warning, so it doesn't really work.

The easiest way to try if it´s working is using the isosurface (in the second tab) where you can load the i3d and see if it worked.

You can fix in two ways,

1 -Make the otl editable by right click on it and selecting "alow editing of content", dive inside geo2i3d1/shopnet1/vopnet1/geo2i3d vop network, and togle on an off again the invisible chekbox in both filename and primnum vop nodes. That´s it, you will need to leave the otl opened and copy to the scene where you need to use.

2-Recreate the full otl and you will be able to save it in your own otl file, and have acces to it in any scene.