Random Evaluations of default parameters, and random parameters

I've been making a lot of assets lately and have been having some rather peculiar problems that I was wondering if anybody has had. I haven't been able to logically solve where the problem comes from, or be able to repeat in a simple scene.

1. random evaluations of default parameters in embedded otls

- So I have some otls embedded within each other, that have default parameter references to each other so I can modify and update stuff easier. The most common area that these parameters get evaluated are obj level otls within subnets otls, and with shaders inside shop otls.

What happen is a I drop a brand new otl down, and look inside and my default realtive reference parameters are evaluated. I can replace all these sub level otls save the node and it does not seem to cause problems for a while then it changes again. I have modified the .idx presets to lock out or turn off options, so this does not seem to be the issue by default, but there are some feelings that is could be some preset issues. I've checked all the areas I know my presets are in but I can't find them if it is casuing the problem.

Also it is pretty random about 70 percent of the time it does not evaluate. and then it will evaluate randomly. If I lock it out it won't evaluate, but I can't lock everything. Also making stuff invisible does not matter.I don't want to oparm them all since that is scary road to clean up.

Any ideas?

2. Random parameters appear?

- this one isn't as bad but it is kind of wierd, once in a while after modifying an asset I'll get these extra parameters to show up. Usually this happens when I have deleted all the non-default parameters from a geo object. Sometimes they are random shadin parameters and such. These parameters only show up in old scene files, not in new nodes. I shoul update my assets more frequently, but cleaning something up usually doesn't call for an updated otl.

also there is a common random f1 and f2 parameter that are added and have channels in them, that occur more frequently on a node that did have animation on it prior.

Any thoughts? I can't pin this stuff down, so I'm looking for any answers, or similar problems.