create keys from a saved pose

pencha

I´ve saved a pose to a channel CHOP from a channel group (left click, motion effects/create pose), animated the character, and now I can´t find the way to create a keyframe from that saved pose at another frame.

Setting the export flag on the channel CHOP works fine, showing the desired pose while the flag is on, but I can´t find the way to copy the values as keyframes so that the pose becomes keyed and stays once I turn the export flag off.

The copy to export button seems to mean do exactly that, but I can´t get it to work on channels that are already animated, even if I set a key on all the scoped channels at the desired frame before clicking copy to export.

Any help appreciated

Thanks!

thanks edward!

Seems like i´ll have to delve into pythonland for this.

May I ask why it´s not implemented by default?

Ain´t it nice being able to have your keys "baked" back to keep keying by hand?

(e.g, "baking" a walk cycle from chops, to be able to make adjustments with the pose tool)

Am I missing something? As you may see I´m totally new to character animation workflows in H.

Thanks again

Edited by pencha

Then you can keyframe on these moved channels and have them drive your character.

The "moved channels" are the channels created on the Channel CHOP?

If so, I´d lose the ability to modify them using handles?

Thank you

No, it should still work when you select the objects in the viewport. The selection will trace through the CHOP exports and scope the ones on your Channel CHOP. Mind you, I haven't tried this in a while. :)

So THAT was messing my channel groups haha

It still works as you said.

Thanks!