Particles to DOPS

marcin

Hi!

I'm trying to get particle simulation into DOPS to provide rbds collisions to it, but I'm having problem with transferring all attributes from particle network into DOPS. Houdini example popswithrbdcollision otl is exactly doing what I need, but it only uses uniform force to apply acceleration from POPs simulation. What should I do when I want to transfer all attributes from my POP network (velocity, angular velocity, mass, acceleration) to RBD simulation ? I know that RBD Point Object can inherit all attributes from SOPs , is there something similar I can do with getting POPs attributes to DOPs ?

Cheers

Hi!

I'm trying to get particle simulation into DOPS to provide rbds collisions to it, but I'm having problem with transferring all attributes from particle network into DOPS. Houdini example popswithrbdcollision otl is exactly doing what I need, but it only uses uniform force to apply acceleration from POPs simulation. What should I do when I want to transfer all attributes from my POP network (velocity, angular velocity, mass, acceleration) to RBD simulation ? I know that RBD Point Object can inherit all attributes from SOPs , is there something similar I can do with getting POPs attributes to DOPs ?

Cheers

Hi,marcin, try use "gas particle to field" node. you can also check the example in the help doc.

Hi,marcin, try use "gas particle to field" node. you can also check the example in the help doc.

I tried to copy velocity data from particles to rbd simulation without success. What's wrong with my setup ?

Edited by marcin

If you look into your Details View you'll see that there is no velocity field. What you are trying to copy to was not existent in the previous file and in this file it isn't a field.

So, you have to create a field with the required dimensions and settings. Then you have to make sure that field is used as velocity in your setup. If not you could presumably advect your velocity with it in a sopsolver or some other force nodes.

However, I have a feeling that perhaps this is not the best way to go about it. I didn't really look too closely at the file for the moment but I wonder if you shouldn't just build the whole popnet setup in dops.

Here is a method that uses procedural spring constraints in dops.

The idea is to create a spring between each particle point and the rbd object and use that as a force.

This was quite tricky to figure out. The secret ingredient here is the humble merge node that has to be set to constraint!

constraintdops.hipnc

post-4013-130387706548_thumb.jpg