Switch SOP based upon an input

hopbin9

Hi,

I have a Subnet SOP that can take two input connections. I want to have a Switch SOP use the second input only if it's connected, but I can't figure out the HScript expression that tells if an input is selected.

Help :)

You could use the opninputs() expression. The following looks at the number of inputs and if there are two, sets the switch input to 1. If there is only one input you just get 0 or the first input.

opninputs("..") - 1

Also, you can use opinput() wrapped with strlen(). It gets the name of the input at the specified index. If there is a node then the name will not be an empty string.

strlen(opinput("..", 1)) > 0

Edited by graham

You could use the opninputs() expression. The following looks at the number of inputs and if there are two, sets the switch input to 1. If there is only one input you just get 0 or the first input.

opninputs("..") - 1

Also, you can use opinput() wrapped with strlen(). It gets the name of the input at the specified index. If there is a node then the name will not be an empty string.

strlen(opinput("..", 1)) > 0

you can also use opexist(opinputpath(".", 1)) which returns 1 if the node exists

you can also use opexist(opinputpath(".", 1)) which returns 1 if the node exists

Thanks, I think that will work better.

I was reading up on opninputs, but that's not exactly what I need. Cause it can cause mistakes especially if I add another input later in the future. It's not possible to tell which input is connected, just how many.