Houdini GUI problems on linuc

chovasie

I have strange problem when i installed houdini 11 on ubuntu. It does not show any icons in UI. I installed like i always do but i never had this problem before. In attach is how my UI looks like..

I have nvidia and i use nvidia drivers... I saw something like this if you have integrated intel cards but i never saw something like this with nvidia...

Any ideas?

post-5040-130634526726_thumb.png

I have strange problem when i installed houdini 11 on ubuntu. It does not show any icons in UI. I installed like i always do but i never had this problem before. In attach is how my UI looks like..

I have nvidia and i use nvidia drivers... I saw something like this if you have integrated intel cards but i never saw something like this with nvidia...

Any ideas?

What Ubuntu version makes it easier to answer what could be wrong but I am guessing 11.04 and then this:

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=17069

is probably the fix until a build for gcc4.5 is out.

What Ubuntu version makes it easier to answer what could be wrong but I am guessing 11.04 and then this:

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=17069

is probably the fix until a build for gcc4.5 is out.

Thanx a bunch Eric! finally working and i have my UI again...

And yes, i installed 11.04... i didnt have that problem before in previous builds of ubuntu... i used 9.04 for a long time than decided to upgrade...

Chovasie

Edited by chovasie

Thanx a bunch Eric! finally working and i have my UI again...

And yes, i installed 11.04... i didnt have that problem before in previous builds of ubuntu... i used 9.04 for a long time than decided to upgrade...

Chovasie

No problem.

Ubuntu 11.04 uses a new version of gcc which houdinin or its libs aint compiled with. That is creating the problems.