SPH or FLIP collision

envil

Hello!

How to make in DOP the particles to penetrate inside the object and remained there.

As an image below

sphdrive.png

in POP it easy, just particle groups, but in DOP I don`t known how..

Edited by envil

Interesting!

You can use your external popnet to drive your fluid. Does it not work if you combine with dops?

I've tried to make a collision in the POP.

But the fluid encounters and falls further.

Its my simple scene

I don't know if you are able to do this, but I would consider just faking it. Make your sphere, then make two branches in the network, one would be the complete sphere which renders, the other would be cut in half (or whatever you need for how high you are filling the sphere) and use that hemisphere for the collisions. If you are trying to do this as a challenge to yourself without the cheat, I would have no idea where to start yet.

This is an interesting one. The direction I am tended to look to is to count the collisions. On the first collision you force the particles to pass on through, on the second collision they start to collide - per particle. You will also somehow need to swap collision object. The type of sdf will switch from something that resembles a solid sphere, to something that resembles a box with a sphere cut out of it.

I've never done this before, so that may not work.

Otherwise... is it just spheres? You could perform a distance check to the centroid of your sphere, so you know when it has entered within the radius of that sphere, that way you would not need to swap collision objects as you are performing to collision or distance check yourself. That still leaves you with activating per particle collisions.

This is an interesting one. The direction I am tended to look to is to count the collisions. On the first collision you force the particles to pass on through, on the second collision they start to collide - per particle. You will also somehow need to swap collision object. The type of sdf will switch from something that resembles a solid sphere, to something that resembles a box with a sphere cut out of it.

I've never done this before, so that may not work.

Otherwise... is it just spheres? You could perform a distance check to the centroid of your sphere, so you know when it has entered within the radius of that sphere, that way you would not need to swap collision objects as you are performing to collision or distance check yourself. That still leaves you with activating per particle collisions.

Thank you!

Centroid - a good idea!

The only thing I can not do is activate collisions per-particle. How can I do this in DOP? Can I grouping per-particle in DOP?

in general, this is probably my main problem, driving SPH per-particle in DOP. For example grouping.

Edited by envil

If you invert the SDF the particles will stay in the object. However, they rush like crazy into it so some way of subduing that or switch would need to be found.

I have no idea how to switch/swap/disable collisions per particle.

I wonder if you could model an invisible SDF tube from the particles into the container.

Edited by Macha

If you invert the SDF the particles will stay in the object. However, they rush like crazy into it so some way of subduing that or switch would need to be found.

I have no idea how to switch/swap/disable collisions per particle.

I wonder if you could model an invisible SDF tube from the particles into the container.

About SDF - yes, and I'm trying to find a way to subdue them

and on the tube - Its a joke?! :)

I did a field that lead particles into sphere. left them there just to pour.

Its my intermediate result. I was forced to cut unnecessary, and this is unacceptable.

ani.mov