Force/Acceleration Contributions

ikarus

I'm looking to find the contribution of an interact node, not sure how to go about this though.

I thought to make an attribute based on acceleration before the node then subtract them in my voppop but it seems making an attrib = accel inside a popnet yields values of 0. Am i missing something here?

thanks

pop_squish.hip

Hi, Raymond,

The accel attribute stands for the overall acceleration of the pop system at the given time, so if you want to gain the contribution of interact node, you have to subtract the other force contributions. In your case is accel - (0.0,-9.8,0.0).

Cheers :P

well what if there are forces acting on the particles that aren't directly derivable from parameters. Say there are two interact nodes and you want to find the contribution of the second one. The force from the first interact isnt uniform so i need to derive it somehow.

Edited by ikarus

your method is fine, just fetch accel before interact POP then after subtract that from new accel to get contribution

accel before interact now returns 0 because nothing is setting the accel before, if you unbypass the force1 you can see it returns some value

here is modified file

pop_squish_fix.hip