Problem with viewing dopfield() values

Hai guys,

This is a small doubt I got, I tried it but its not solved.

How to view dopfield() values in dops. I want to use it as expressions.

I watched Gnomon RBD tutorial, in that he explained use "echo 'dopfield(.....)'" to check the values of the expression. I tried it but

" echo 'dopfield(".", $OBJID, "Position", "Options", "angvel")'

dopfield(".", $OBJID, "Position", "Options", "angvel") "

This is the result which I got. Can any one help me where can I check values.

dopfield_expr.hipnc

As of Houdini 11, you can drag DOPs data from the Details View into either the Python Shell or Hscript Textport and it will give you the relevant Python code or Hscript expression to extract said data. You can also drag directly into parameters as well.

For Hscript, dragging to parameters can be more useful as if you drag to the textport Houdini will often use the string equivalents of some expressions for that case, which might not be what you want.

Edited by graham

As of Houdini 11, you can drag DOPs data from the Details View into either the Python Shell or Hscript Textport and it will give you the relevant Python code or Hscript expression to extract said data. You can also drag directly into parameters as well.

For Hscript, dragging to parameters can be more useful as if you drag to the textport Houdini will often use the string equivalents of some expressions for that case, which might not be what you want.

Hi graham, It is helpful for me, but if I want to write expression like, when ever the impact happens then only gravity has to active. Can u help me..

Hi graham, It is helpful for me, but if I want to write expression like, when ever the impact happens then only gravity has to active. Can u help me..

Graham its working I did a mistake in writing expression, Instead of ` I use '.