Attract Fluid problem

bandini

I am using the Attract Fluid shelf tool to try to get some dispersed smoke to form back into a sphere. I am running into some problems, as the smoke is attracted to the sphere, but it never actually forms it like it should. Seems like there is a large boundary outside the sphere where the smoke just refuses to keep condensing into the volume (see pics below).

post-4396-130817429637_thumb.png

post-4396-13081743039_thumb.png

I am posting a file. Can someone please help me figure out how to get it to form the sphere correctly?

Thanks!

FluidFormsSphere_NotWorking.hip

Thank you for the replies so far,

I had a hollow interior intentionally, but I also just tried with solid interior and also with a much higher resolution and I get the same results :(

This should be very simple. Can anyone actually make this work the way it is supposed to? Solid interior would be fine. Using less density in the initial smoke shape would be fine. The velocity field is what I am really after, so density is arbitrary to me.

This should be very simple.

Yeah, I hear that alot, yet it is rarely as simple as it seems on the surface.

I took a loot, and I don't fully understand the target dop, but it seems it's not creating a target, but rather a velocity field to the target's sdf. What I think needs to be done is to make sure there is no velocities inside the target, which right now it looks like there are and since the density doesn't colide with the target, there's nothing to prevent the density from leaving the volume after it has entered.

What needs to be done is to prevent the density from leaving the target volume once it's entered.

I may be wrong but that's what it looks like.