set particle attr , set initial state?

Hi

I looked through docs but didn't find anything about this.

That is how to set particle attribute on particular frame.

What i want to do is to "capture" particle position in attribute in first frame and use it later for some calculation.

For example maya can create initial state attributes which record values on particular frame and i can set, with scripting ,specific attribute initial state.

So two questions:

1.How to set custom attribute with values of another attribute in particular frame

2.How to set initial state on all attributes

Thanks

Hi

I looked through docs but didn't find anything about this.

That is how to set particle attribute on particular frame.

What i want to do is to "capture" particle position in attribute in first frame and use it later for some calculation.

For example maya can create initial state attributes which record values on particular frame and i can set, with scripting ,specific attribute initial state.

So two questions:

1.How to set custom attribute with values of another attribute in particular frame

2.How to set initial state on all attributes

Thanks

To set a custom attribute to a particle, use the Attribute POP in your network. If I am not mistaken you can set the initial position using a birth group from your Source POP as long as you leave the preserve group checkbox unticked. With that unticked the particles will only be in the group for the frame that they are created on, so they should maintain the custom attribute for each particle, I think. Give it a try, or someone else can give you a more complete answer. I am still learning all of this myself, but that is my current understanding.