Scene View interaction - one slow one fast

I have a dual monitor setup with 2 scene view panes.

The strange thing is that one of the views is very slow when I interact with objects (selecting, transforming). while the other one is fast. Moving about in the scene is equally speedy in both views.

Does anybody have an idea why that should be and how to speed it up?

Edited by Macha

I have a dual monitor setup with 2 scene view panes.

The strange thing is that one of the views is very slow when I interact with objects (selecting, transforming). while the other one is fast. Moving about in the scene is equally speedy in both views.

Does anybody have an idea why that should be and how to speed it up?

sounds like you are using MS Windows-- am I right in this?... This may provide some help.. There a bit of info on the page ....

from mthe openGL FAQ.. http://www.opengl.org/resources/faq/technical/window.htm

Many OpenGL implementations support multiple monitor configurations. These come in a variety of different flavors:

* One display is hardware accelerated, the rest are not.

* All heads are accelerated as long as OpenGL windows do not span display boundaries.

* As above, with support for OpenGL windows that span multiple displays.

* All of the above, with support for stereo.

* All of the above, with support for heterogeneous graphics cards vendors.

Microsoft operating systems allow two OpenGL devices in a single system, but only the primary device is hardware accelerated. To work around this issue, many vendors have provided their own multiple monitor solutions, so that hardware acceleration is available on both displays.

Of course i am only guessing...

OK, well it's Linux and Quadro FX4800 with 260.19.29

What puzzles me is that selecting and moving objects is slow (in one scene view) , not playing a scene or navigating it.

I also think it gets slower the more I work on a scene. Almost as if there was some kind of cache filling up. It can take up to several seconds to select an object.