diffuse bounce distance limit?

hey

has anyone got any thoughts/ideas into limiting diffuse bounces to a certain distance? has anyone tried to implement this, is it even possible?

i'm rendering really large scenes at the moment, i feel like i'm wasting samples/rays shooting them across a few thousand meters..

thx

jason

howdy. this is totally possible. you can send the diffuse brdf out of your surface model and use it to run an indirect lighting vop. this can be scoped and limited to a maxdist.

it would be cleaner to do this in a light shader, and i think it wouldn't be too hard to do, but this is simpler.

(the indirect light also has a maxdist parm, but i haven't used this before)

good luck

post-4364-131005728968_thumb.jpg

hey brain

thx for the reply,

i'm not to sure what i'm doing wrong, but i can't seem to get this to work on my side. "this can be scoped and limited to a maxdist" are you setting the maxdist on the surface model?

thx

jason

hey brain

thx for the reply,

i'm not to sure what i'm doing wrong, but i can't seem to get this to work on my side. "this can be scoped and limited to a maxdist" are you setting the maxdist on the surface model?

setting the scope and the maxdist in the 'indirect lighting' vop.

here's an example:

indir.hip