sweep sop roll

Hi people, Got a question here:

is it possible to randomize the rotation for each individual sweep parts?

say, I got a line node copied onto a grid to get a bunch of target lines, and used another line sop to sweep onto the target to "extrude" along to get poly "stripes"(as the image), but how can I randomize the rotation individually along the normal direction of the copied lines?(to make the "stripes" spin in different angles)

the "roll" channel in the sweep node spins them at a same degree, how can I differ individual "stripes"?

the goal is to get the mesh generated along the target lines and random them a bit, so maybe there's other ways I can take?

thanks

rotateRandom.hip

post-6937-131008038436_thumb.jpg

copy stamp! Have you tried it?

well, I just started using this tool so don't know much.

does the stamp from the copy sop only go upwards in the network? if the sweep is under it, how can I use it?

open the attachment. take a look at stamp bar in copy node + xform2

thanks parizi,

but actually, the "Rotate" z channel in xform2(the transform node) doesn't affect the spin along normal direction for these swept stripes. the random value from stamp affects x and y channel for rotate but that's not what I wanted.

I tried this way earlier and the value in RotateZ in transform node just doesn't work for the sweep result...

any idea to make it work?

thanks parizi,

but actually, the "Rotate" z channel in xform2(the transform node) doesn't affect the spin along normal direction for these swept stripes. the random value from stamp affects x and y channel for rotate but that's not what I wanted.

I tried this way earlier and the value in RotateZ in transform node just doesn't work for the sweep result...

any idea to make it work?

like this?

rotateRandom3.hipnc

like this?

the reason I copied the target lines onto grid before doing sweep is that I want to tweak and edit the lines' points and the swept poly mesh would follow the modification.

if we do the sweep before copy, then the freedom to modify the target line individually would be gone...

so, still need more thoughts...

the reason I copied the target lines onto grid before doing sweep is that I want to tweak and edit the lines' points and the swept poly mesh would follow the modification.

if we do the sweep before copy, then the freedom to modify the target line individually would be gone...

so, still need more thoughts...

what kind of modification?! if you tell me what you wanna do to your lines I can help. maybe vop sop can help you!

what kind of modification?! if you tell me what you wanna do to your lines I can help. maybe vop sop can help you!

I was trying to comb and use edit node as well to be able to tweak points on the curve.

never tried vop sop before, but definitely will be happy to learn

Edited by Bin

to your original question/file

just put this into Roll Parameter of Sweep SOP:

360*rand($PATH)

Wow, thanks Tomas, it works well!

but 1 step further, what if I want to control the amount of the roll value by painting wight on the grid? so the points with 0-1 weights accordingly rotate 0-360 degrees. is that possible if the sweep node is under the copy sop?